I realise that I am often confused about who I “really” am. I find myself always coming up with the same question….. how do I know the real me?? Would I even know it if I was staring at it in the mirror or if it slapped me in the face? How do I know if what I am feeling/thinking/doing is fear, ego or the real me?
I think that the penny is starting to drop and I have started to see glimpses of the real me…..I know and feel it when something makes me truly happy, it sits “right” with me, I FEEL good about it, I feel proud, I feel honest, I know that I have acted in love. Even if it is something that is a little challenging..I feel strong and committed to it. So now I have decided to go with this and everyday I will make decisions, choices and reactions that FEEL and sit right within me. If I am unsure, I will take a deep breath and give it some thought. This week I have tried to pay attention to specific moments that felt right. You know those moments that give you that warm fuzzy feeling, moments that make you smile, moments that just feel good deep down. I believe that these moments are our insights into the our true self. Hopefully this process will uncover the real me. This is what I discovered about myself so far:
- My daughter and I were making funny faces and laughing….I adore my daughter.
- My son told me that I had dirt on my face and wiped it off for me..I adore my son
- My hubby shared a cuppa and a nice chat….I love my hubby
- I caught up with my sister for a day….I adore my sister and my family
- We have a new puppy…I love animals
- My boss and I had a really good chat…I really enjoy interacting with others
- I helped a lady with her shopping…. I really enjoy helping others and I am thoughtful
- I took our older dog for a walk near our house (which is near a National Park)……I adore nature and where I live
This is just the tip of the iceberg for me. I plan to seek out many more “real me” moments and try to piece them together to become “ME”….. Do you know what I truly believe??? That when we are our true self that we are at our absolute best…I beleive that we are strong, healthy, loving, kind, thoughtful, grateful, positive and ready to live life. So here’s to life and living it at our best!
Do you know the real you? Do you have moments where you cringe and know that you are not being true to yourself? What truly makes you feel good? I would love you to share your thoughts on this with me……..